It’s not a secret that one of my biggest hobbies is travelling, and especially the far trips are my favourite. Maybe that seems obvious, because your flying to a whole other part of the world and it’s all one big adventure, but I also know people who are not a fan of those holidays. It’s a personal thing, but as I booked my summer holiday to Indonesia, I realized how many great things are intertwined with the whole process of a big trip. In this blogpost, I will mention a few of my reasons to travel far.
1. Because it’s quite important to book a far trip on time, you have a lot of time to prepare yourself. To me, this not only exists of planning my vaccinations and extending my passport, I also:
- Search for the best places to eat, sleep and party, and all the cultural hotspots
- Think of outfits I can wear, which shoes I have to take with me and if I need to buy a new bikini (probably)
- Find the best tips for saving money, safety preparations and other important things you need to know about the country
2. As I said, travelling outside of Europe is just more of an adventure than when you stay in your comfort zone. Research has even proved that as you travel, you get smarter. Because you experience new things, you need to deal with unexpected circumstances and you’re learning about planning a trip and already imagening you being there. Curious? Find the article here.
3. I don’t know why, but I have a thing with lining through life goals. I have this with many things: European cities, continents, but also with hotpots in Amsterdam. It just feels good to experience new adventures and know about all the things that the world has to offer.
Point is that everyone should travel to the places they want to visit. I still have a lot of destinations on my travel list, but first: Bali!
Q: Are you an adventurer? What places have you visited already?