In 2007, which is already 9 years ago, I visited New York for one week. It was one of the best holidays ever, because although I was still quite young, I immediately felt that I was in love with this city. A couple of years later I found out that I might be in love with cities in general, because of the atmosphere and the fact that everything is happening on a bigger scale. New restaurants, shops, events: the trends all start in a city. The last few years I have made a list of things I like to do when I go to New York for the second time (because it’s already a fact that I will go again, no matter what). Take a look at my list and let me know what you think!
- I want to eat real American pancakes at a diner again.
- I need to buy new Levi’s jeans, Converse sneakers and probably the whole Victoria’s Secret store.
- I have visited only half of the touristic sightseeing spots. Empire State Building? Check. Statue of Liberty? Check. 5th Avenue? Been there. But what about the High Line, On Top of the Rock, the Chelsea market and the famous Gossip Girl stairs? That’s all still on my NYC bucket list.
- I haven’t been to Shake Shack and Magnolia’s Bakery yet and someone once told me it’s a shame.
- As the health trend has become huge the last couple of years, I’d like to check out some healthy hotspots too.
- New York is the best spot to just sit down and watch people live their daily lives.
- Now that I have a smartphone (and an Instagram account), I can finally take some pictures myself.
- The first time I went to New York, I was not old enough to go to clubs. Now I’d like to find out more about the NYC nightlife.
- If the weather is good, I want to visit Coney Island and – if my wallet approves – The Hamptons.
Q: What is your favourite city?