It’s always fun to start a new season, but there’s nothing better than looking back on a great summer. Therefore, I will share some tips for Ibiza, which was my last holiday destination.
Before I went to Ibiza, I had no idea what to expect. The parties and beaches are most popular, but when you’re there, it really depends on your preferences. We decided to combine a party with exploring the cultural part of the island, great food and some shopping. When you like some diversity, the island can be much more beautiful than you would think!
· Dalt Vila, the old town of Ibiza, is one of the most beautiful spots on Ibiza. Many locals still live in these wonderful old streets, surrounded by little houses, flowers and great view over Ibiza town.
· Although it’s quite popular, you should have been to a hippy market. We went to the biggest one, Las Dalias. Buy some nice handmade bracelets, a fresh smoothie or just enjoy the atmosphere.
· Hire a scooter or a car and drive to the north of the island. You will see a lot more than just the touristic spots, like the great nature and the secret beaches. These beaches have a more authentic feeling than the ones in the south.
· If you’re afraid to spend too much money on such an expensive island, just decide to do only one or two things that cost a lot of money, just to experience a little bit of the jetset side of Ibiza. We decided to go out for a delicious dinner at a beach club (Nikki Beach) and go to a party (Martin Garrix’ Multiply in Ushuaïa).
· Another budget tip: book a room at Airbnb instead of an apartment or hotel. Not only is it much cheaper, it’s also a great way to get in contact with locals.
· San Antonio, the city on the west coast, is a great place to watch the sunset. You can have dinner or a drink at Café Mambo, but you could also choose to picknick at the beach to see the sun going down.
So, don’t doubt about going to Ibiza, just because it’s expensive, or because you think it’s all just one touristic hotspot. Look for some authentic places and you will have a perfect holiday.
Source pictures: © Charlotte Dettmers